Re: gnutls for win32

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gnutls for win32
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 23:40:00 +0200

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 16:17:54 -0500
>
> EZ> I think downloading a single zip archive and unzipping it is much
> EZ> easier than adding GnuTLS to Emacs.
>
> For every Emacs user?

Only those who need it.  I'm not sure what fraction would that be, but
if it's not very large, including GnuTLS in the binary package would
unnecessarily punish too many people, by letting them download a
significantly larger file.

> Can we include it in the binaries Christoph is putting out, even if
> it's not built with Emacs itself?

We could, but see above.  We currently don't even include libxpm,
although it's much, much smaller.