Re: BEGIN_SRC..END_SRC

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: BEGIN_SRC..END_SRC
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 12:30:28 +0900

Miles Bader writes:

 > That doesn't make any sense at all.... Gmail doesn't "go out of it's
 > way to suck in our community" any more than any other popular mail
 > client does; AFAICT, its main sin is that they too readily follow bad
 > examples set by _other_ popular mail MUAs...

OK, I'll concede that.  Nevertheless, it does suck in our community,
on *both* ends.  It encourages posting practices poorly adapted to
technical discussion, and it sucks as a list-traffic reader.  (I know,
because for several weeks it was my list-traffic reader.)

 > just by gmail.  So while I think it's silly to ignore gmail, because
 > it's vastly more popular than Gnus, if you still want to for whatever
 > reason, it _still_ seems a bad idea to ignore the general class of
 > mail clients it represents....

In general, yes.  On emacs-devel (and other technically-oriented lists
I frequent), I would say the balance between pointless annoyance and
the irritability that proves you're alive (and induces you to make a
change for the better) is a net zero.  Using the standard as intended
and thus setting a good example tips the balance *for me*.  IMHO YMMV
FWIW and all those other good 4-letter acronyms.