Re: Release tags

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Release tags
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 19:57:49 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 17:57:11 +0200
>
> >> Or maybe this will land upon the next merge from emacs-24.
> >
> > Tags are pulled in by a merge from another branch in bzr?  Seems
> > like a confusing misfeature to me if true.
>
> A tag is associated to a revision (actually, it is a name you give to a
> revision.) A revision can enter the history of any branch (via merge),
> therefore its associated tag(s) will appear on the logs of those
> branches.

And citing from bzr docs (assuming you believe them ;-):

  Tags give human-meaningful names to revisions. Commands that take a
  -r (–revision) option can be given -rtag:X, where X is any
  previously created tag.

  Tags are stored in the branch. Tags are copied from one branch to
  another along when you branch, push, pull or merge.