Re: Help with Tamil (Indic) font (Emacs from bzr)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Help with Tamil (Indic) font (Emacs from bzr)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:22:38 +0200

> From: Jambunathan K <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:36:51 +0530
>
> You guessed it right.  EmacsFromBzr is failing to pick up those
> libraries.  I am seeing following lines in src/config.h.
>
>     ,---- src/config.h
>     | /* Define to 1 if using libotf. */
>     | /* #undef HAVE_LIBOTF */
>     | /* Define to 1 if using libm17n-flt. */
>     | /* #undef HAVE_M17N_FLT */
>     `----
>

> I did a
>         bzr clean-tree --ignored
>
> and then ran
>         ./autogen.sh
>         ./configure
>
> and this is what configure is reporting.
>
>     ,----
>     |   Does Emacs use -lxml2?                                  yes
>     |   Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              no
>     |   Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?                              no  <==
>     |   Does Emacs use -lotf?                                   no  <==
>     |   Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   no  <==
>     `----
>
> > * Complex Text Layout support libraries
> >
> > in the INSTALL file in the emacs top-level directory.  Given that this
> > works in your distro's emacs 23 you should already have the necessary
> > libraries, but perhaps they are too old or configure can't find them
> > (config.log should give a clue).
>
> I do have the required m17n and otf libraries - both runtime and dev
> variations.  Am I missing any other libraries?
>
> Should I file a bug report?

Before you file a bug report, look into your config.log for clues why
the configure script decided you didn't have these libraries
installed.  It could be some issue with your system configuration, or
maybe you didn't install some development-related package for these
libraries, or some other local calamity.