Re: Help with Tamil (Indic) font (Emacs from bzr)

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Help with Tamil (Indic) font (Emacs from bzr)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:39:20 +0900

Jambunathan K writes:

 > I am wondering whether `* Complex Text Layout support libraries'
 > section of INSTALL file should mention availability of both xft and
 > freetype headers.

No, IMO this is a generic bug in configure.  It should check for
libraries first, then headers.  If the library needed to provide a
requested feature is present, but not the headers, it should bitch.

NB In INSTALL, somewhere near the top, you'll probably find a warning
about the perverse behavior (from the free software point of view) of
free software distributions which provide libraries for running
software but not the headers needed to build software.