Re: CEDET version

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: CEDET version
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:13:26 +0100

Glenn Morris writes:
> Glenn Morris wrote:
>
>>> emacs-24.2.92 -Q -l cedet
>>> C-h v cedet-version
>>>   -> "1.1"
>>
>> Yet the Version: header says 1.0pre7.
>
> Hi, could you clarify what the CEDET version is in the emacs-24 branch
> and if any of the Version: headers need updating?

Actually, it's more like a 1.2 since 1.1 was already released some time
ago, and the now bundled files are newer.

It is a bit difficult since we bundle a subset of CEDET with Emacs, so
upstream versions cannot be really identical. Since we're now merging
more regularly, maybe we don't need upstream releases anymore and should
see it more as in incubator.

In any case, I think calling this version "1.1.5" or "1.2" should be
fine, but I'd like to know what Eric thinks.

-David