Re: CEDET version

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: CEDET version
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:51:12 -0500

On 01/22/2013 02:10 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:
"Eric M. Ludlam" wrote:

There are various things that this affects; see M-x list-packages
output. semantic, srecode, inversion, pulse, ede, etc. They all have
different version numbers at present.

These used to all go out separately and were later merged into once
CEDET package.  Is there a reason to version-merge them?

I'm not asking for any changes like that, I'm just asking for someone to
who knows about CEDET versioning to check that all the version numbers
the components have in Emacs make sense. Eg the first one I look at is
semantic.el, which says:

   ;; Version: 2.0
   [...]
   (defvar semantic-version "2.1beta"

Ie, inconsistent in the same way that cedet.el is.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I hadn't realized the comment and variable were going out of sync. A side-effect of using an incomplete script. I can update the script to keep those in sync in the future the CEDET repository. The variable is the correct version.

I'm not certain about the 'beta' though. I usually put a number after the beta, like 2.1beta1 or some such.

Thanks
Eric