Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 16:38:04 +0100

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> writes:

> We could adapt magit to use hg exactly the same way.

Why do you insist on mentioning Magit? Its interface is modeled on git's
characteristic features (index, remotes, etc) Adapting it for hg would
require a huge rewrite. You'll better write your own package from
scratch.

Do you have Magit-envy? ;-)

> Every git command
> it writes has an hg equivalent. For example, last time I checked,
> magit stages hunks by creating a patch in memory and sending it to
> git's stdin, this can be done in hg with something such as
>
>     cat patch | hg qimport --name staging-area -

So you can somehow emulate a poor-man's git stage with hg. Good. But why
should hg users interested on that? Do they have git-envy too?