Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 18:26:54 -0500

On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 18:09 +0100, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Why do you insist on mentioning Magit?
> >
> > Because it's frequently loved and other people mention it as an
> > advantage to using git with Emacs.
>
> So you are mentioning *current* Emacs/git productivity tools as a bait
> for fishing *git users* and gaining them for the hg cause because those
> tools *could* be adapted to hg?

Sure, same reason, really, that I work on GNU Octave. You wouldn't
suggest I stop working on Octave and tell everyone to just buy
expensive Matlab licenses instead?

I had written a reply to the rest of your email, but I decided that I
didn't enjoy your tone because it made me mean and unpleasant. I hope
you'll forgive me that I deleted the rest of my response and spared us
both further unpleasant conversation.

- Jordi G. H.