Re: Your commit 7409a79

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Your commit 7409a79
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 20:37:21 +0200

> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 10:14:18 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> We might also prefer to shorten the summary lines to 50 characters,
> as that is is also part of the usual Git style.

I don't see this being adhered to seriously.  E.g.:

  commit 08a713e078f03e7a870b0111960c6f4c54357152
  Author: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
  Date:   Sun Nov 2 22:24:09 2014 -0800

      open, openat: document nonstandard FreeBSD, NetBSD O_NOFOLLOW errno

      * doc/posix-functions/open.texi (open):
      * doc/posix-functions/openat.texi (openat):
      Document that these functions do not set errno to ELOOP when
      a symlink is opened with O_NOFOLLOW.

and similarly in Git's Git repo.

(Btw, I think the above is a pretty good summary line.)