Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 17:33:39 -0500

> I don't see why that's more of a concern than "client-side Lisp".

Or any other language for that matter, indeed.

> The problem with ecmascript on the web is (a) licensing and (b)
> whether you can trust the source.

There's also the (c) which is that it's a lot more difficult to modify
this code.  There's the issue of performing the modification itself, but
also the fact that the code you run is often tightly integrated with
external code or with the specific format of the served document, so
even if you can arrange some kind of "on the fly rewrite or redirection"
the code, you may be served a completely different kind of code next
time around and the change you made may have become unusable.

        Stefan