Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:30:28 -0500

  > I find texinfo a fairly busy format because of all the menus and node
  > information.

I'm sorry you dislike it, but that information has to be specified
in the manual source somehow.

  > The semantics of navigation is not something that I care
  > about as an author.

I don't understand what change you have in mind.  What we document in
the Texinfo manual is what you need to know to write that part of the
manual.  You seem to think we could omit it, but I don't see how that
could work.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation