Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 05:55:31 -0500

  > I would put that text near the node definition.

In principle I have nothing against it.

  > Or alternatively, I would ask, iff the extra text is worth seeing in a
  > menu item point to a page, why it is also not worth seeing in the page
  > itself.

  > Menu:
  >  Abbrevs Concepts: Fundamentals of defined abbrevs

  > Should open to a page

  > Fundamentals of defined abbrevs
  > (Abbrevs Concepts).

In Info the node will display, as a title, the section name
which can be different from those two.

At present, in that node, the section name is "Abbrev Concepts",
same as the node name.  But we could use a longer title such as
"Fundamental Concepts of Abbrevs".  That might be an improvement.

That's the reason why the section title can be different from the node
name.

The node name should be a terse stand-alone description of the node's
topic.

The section title should also be a stand-alone description of the
node's topic, but can be longer.

The added text on the menu line is meant to supplement the node name
with more information about that node.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation