Re: xref and leaving "temporary" buffers open

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: xref and leaving "temporary" buffers open
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:18:42 +0300

On 07/28/2015 06:10 PM, martin rudalics wrote:

I suppose you mean that `find-file-hidden' should always behave the same
as `find-file-noselect' but for setting the hidden flag.

In this case it wouldn't set the flag either. If the file is already open, just return its buffer. The caller can then proceed to read its contents.

BTW it
might probably make sense to use a hash table to find hidden buffers
from their visited file names instead of relying on `get-file-buffer'.

I suppose. That's the same issue I mentioned WRT find-buffer-visiting, right?