Re: xref and leaving "temporary" buffers open

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: xref and leaving "temporary" buffers open
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:02:24 +0200

> Dead as a result of the cleanup routine (to be implemented later)?
> Probably, but we can try to minimize the odds of that.

A buffer is atomically dead when its name is set to nil.  So
conceptually there should never be any problems.  Yet, there are all
those checks whether a buffer has recursively become dead in
`kill-buffer' which always keep me wondering ...

> By the way, I wonder if we're going to discourage, or somehow
> specially handle, calling find-file-noselect with RAWFILE t.

This is one of the problems I see.  Another issue is that of name
management.  Would a hidden buffer's name be uniquified?

martin