Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagno

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:48:23 +0600

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yuri Khan <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> (As far as I am concerned, both are solved problems already. It’s just
>> that the solutions are not mainstream enough.)
>
> In X11 a whole lot of special characters are available via Compose, but
> they are not easily discoverable (see
> /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose for the full list).

Better than that: enabling the misc:typo XKB option, along with any of
the options of the lv3:* group, puts many useful characters directly
on the keyboard, by adding two more character layers (in addition to
normal and Shift layers).

There are tools (based on xkbprint) that show the resulting layout.
GNOME 2 used to make it reasonably discoverable; I don’t know about
GNOME 3.