Re: debbugs tracker builds character

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: debbugs tracker builds character
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 17:20:43 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> But the `seq-intersection' call will filter out packages that have been
>> installed (are in package-alist), but not loaded (are not in features).
>
> That was the intention.  But indeed, if the user submits the report from
> another Emacs session than the one where the bug occurs, this may filter
> out the relevant package.
>
>> Also, what was the outcome of the seq.el pre-loading/autoloading
>> discussion? Are seq-* functions guaranteed to be available?
>
> We'd (require 'seq), that's not a problem.
> But indeed, by that measure we could also package-initialize
> unconditionally and just use package-alist.

Okay, understood on both counts.

I can't say I have much of an opinion on the finer points -- I'm just
pleased to have the basics in place.

We can either "go big" (use features), or "go small" (manually
package-initialize, then use package-alist). Would you make an executive
decision, and I'll patch?

Eric