Re: emacs-losedows-builder

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs-losedows-builder
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 14:54:08 -0400

  > I think we would be teaching that in a more effective and civil way if we
  > refrained from name calling/nicknaming.

Name-calling is a very effective method for spreading the idea that
something is evil -- in this case Windows.  Since Microsoft is so much
more powerful than we are, and has many weapons that are not available
to us, I don't think we should feel obliged to tie our mouths behind
our backs.

Contrariwise, pleasant nicknames such as "win" tend to act as support.
That's why we don't refer to Windows as "win".

--
Dr Richard Stallman