Re: official Emacs Docker image

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: official Emacs Docker image
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 10:25:48 -0500

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 22:03:07 -0500 Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

RS> A concrete practical question: does it work to prepare and upload
RS> images without running nonfree JS code?

RS> If so, we can go ahead and upload images.

>> Yes, correct. Just think of it as a package repository with automated
>> builds. You can upload your own package, built locally. That's what we
>> may do for the Guix images, if the Guix developers are interested.

RS> That's good.

RS> What exactly is it that requires nonfree JS code to use?
RS> And what job does it do?

I went to Docker Hub, turned off JS, and was able to use the settings
dialogs necessary to maintain the "gnuemacs" account going forward.
Account creation also seemed to work.

This is completely separate from preparing, signing, and uploading
images to the Docker Hub, which is like pushing packages to a
repository and does not involve web browsing.

Can we move on?

Thanks
Ted