Re: Re: Emacs on Ubuntu advice

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Re: Emacs on Ubuntu advice
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 21:55:36 -0400

  > Well, I understand your point but people keep calling it WSL and not WSGL
  > up to now
  > https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about
  > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Subsystem_for_Linux

Many people keep calling the GNU system "Linux", in other contexts
as well as this one.  Each time they do it, they attribute our work
to someone else.

That's treating us unfairly; that you're not the only one
makes the point more important.  Would you please treat us right?

See https://gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html and
https://gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html, plus the history in
https://gnu.org/gnu/the-gnu-project.html.

--