Re: "Point" vs. "cursor" in documentation

From: John ff
Subject: Re: "Point" vs. "cursor" in documentation
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 00:03:14 +0100

Athletes! The memories! I used ITS over the ARPANET, for access to macsyma.

So different from Titan's online system....

Sent from Blue
On 4 Jul 2018, at 23:33, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]

I had no exposure to ITS and so have no knowledge of its history
or the tools that it offered. Was TECO truly its first editor?

Yes. PDP-10 TECO came before ITS.

The PDP-10 was an upward-compatible improvement of the PDP-6.
The AI lab first got a PDP-6 and wrote a TECO for it.

The PDP-6 was not suitable for timesharing. So when it got the
PDP-10, people immediately used TECO on that too, but they also wrote
ITS.