Re: Predicate for true lists

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Predicate for true lists
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 21:48:45 -0700

Drew Adams wrote:
We should document the intended behavior, including
the error behavior.

Documenting every function's behavior completely, in that function's doc string or manual section, would waste not only our time, but also time spent by users reading the documentation. Nobody does that, for any nontrivial GNU program I'm aware of. Common sense should prevail, and "document every bit of behavior" absolutism would cause more trouble than it'd cure. Thank goodness we don't do that, and have never done that.