Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2018 23:01:38 -0600

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

Richard> In what situations would GMP not be available?
Richard> Doesn't it run on all our target platforms?

I think it does, and if not could be made to.

The reason I have made this optional so far is that introducing a new
build-time dependency seems like a pain.  However, if it isn't really a
pain, then I think Emacs would be better if this were just used
unconditionally.

It's easy to remove the #ifdefs at any time of course, so the decision
doesn't have to be made immediately.

Tom