Re: bignum branch

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: bignum branch
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:24:51 -0700

On 07/17/2018 10:03 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
And then maintain local patches, and apply them every time we sync
with upstream GMP?  I'd rather we avoided that burden.

That's OK, we can put it into Gnulib and then let the Gnulib maintainers worry about it. They can work to get the patches merged upstream into GMP. They already do this for lots of other code. The main question is whether it'd be an overall win. If the required patches are small and easily maintained, it will be.