Re: patch gud-gdb to respect other-frame-window?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: patch gud-gdb to respect other-frame-window?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 09:34:26 +0200

> Never mind; I realized I can set 'display-buffer-overriding-action' to
> 'display-buffer-same-window in my ~/.emacs; that overrides this code,
> and still lets other-frame-window do its thing.

Please don't.

If 'other-frame-window' sets 'display-buffer-overriding-action'
itself, then it should _not_ be overridden by the user.  It's a simple
statement that 'other-frame-window' thinks that it is always right in
its decision and the user has to either take it or leave it.  If
'other-frame-window' does not set 'display-buffer-overriding-action'
itself, then customizing 'display-buffer-alist' should suffice.
That's the variable intended for users.  If this doesn't help we have
a bug we must investigate.

Thanks, martin