Re: patch gud-gdb to respect other-frame-window?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: patch gud-gdb to respect other-frame-window?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 13:17:36 -0400

> Currently, 'gud-gdb' has its own notion of where to put the *gud-<exec name>*
> buffer. Since I use other-frame-window (a GNU ELPA package), I'd like to
> override that.

Could you explain in more detail what's the problem you're seeing?

> Never mind; I realized I can set 'display-buffer-overriding-action' to
> 'display-buffer-same-window in my ~/.emacs; that overrides this code,

[ ... Trying to infer what was the problem, based on this apparently
  working workaround ... Nope, sorry, I still don't see what is the
  problem you're trying to solve.  ]

Just a wild guess: maybe the better solution would be for
other-frame-window to provide another command to force displaying the
buffer in the current window?

        Stefan