Re: patch gud-gdb to respect other-frame-window?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: patch gud-gdb to respect other-frame-window?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 16:22:20 -0500

Another data point. In a package I'm working on,
'wisi-show-parse-errors' shows errors found by the indent parser in a
small window at the bottom of the screen, using a display action of:

(cons #'display-buffer-at-bottom
                              (list (cons 'window-height
                              #'shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer))).

But the default setting of 'display-buffer-overriding-action' overrides
that, and now the window takes half the screen.

So sometimes I want the default value that Emacs provides
(for wisi-show-parse-errors etc), and sometimes I don't (for gud-gdb etc).

So I need an exception mechanism; apply my default value for
display-buffer-overriding-action, except in the following buffers/modes.

Or invert that, only apply a default value for the following
buffers/modes/commands.

Ah; that's what 'display-buffer-alist is for. I'll try that.

--
-- Stephe