RE: delete-selection-mode as default (WAS: Some developement questions)

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: delete-selection-mode as default (WAS: Some developement questions)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 12:23:07 -0700 (PDT)

> Typical case of "two cultures", I guess.

Really? What two cultures are those?

Different default values of `delete-selection-mode'?
Or are you trying to suggest some wider difference
that is indicated/reflected by that difference?

IMHO, this is only about that specific difference. I doubt
that you will find meaningful alignment/correlation between
views on that question and other views, including other views
about editing or Emacs.

I wouldn't advise generalizing this to include pro/con
mouse, menus, key bindings, GUI, visual lines, fonts, OS,...