Re: Fill column indicator functionality

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Fill column indicator functionality
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 19:47:20 +0100

Hi Eli:

Yes, I tried rule mode first, but it is a little bit too much
distracting.

I would like to have something simple like fill-column-indicator mode
package https://github.com/alpaker/Fill-Column-Indicator.

(but without it's conflicts and many issues) even if it only brings the
most basic functionalities. This is a very basic code editing
functionality that shouldn't depend of external packages (like line
numbers for example) in my opinion.

It could be a line | or a background color change up to the X column. This
is very useful, when coding old Fortran or Cobol, but also in C.

The alternative package now is hl-fill-column but I personally don't
like it because I only see the line when is crossed already.

I know you should be very busy, but maybe it is not that hard to
implement, so I had to ask at least.

Regards,