Fill column indicator functionality

From: Ergus
Subject: Fill column indicator functionality
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 11:53:40 +0100

Hi guys:

I am not sure if this is the right mailing list to ask for this.

I can't find any fill column indication functionality in emacs. For 80
(or 120) sacred column rule.

Looking around there is the fill-column-indicator package in melpa that
I have been using for a while, but recently it has been abandoned, but
also it is incompatible with native functionalities like
show-trailing-whitespace, so it enforces to use whitespace-mode instead.

Is it too difficult to add such a functionality native in emacs as you
did with the line numbers in the last release? So it will be much better
and it is not a so fancy functionality?

Thanks in advance.