Re: Most of Elisp lacks lexical-binding: t

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Most of Elisp lacks lexical-binding: t
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 09:02:53 -0500

> We also need to keep track of which calls to eval should not be
> changed.

I'm locally using

    (set-advertised-calling-convention 'eval '(form lexical-environment)
"future")

which means the byte-compiler emits a warning whenever `eval` is called
with a single argument.  With this arrangement, you can write (eval foo
nil) when you really want to use dynamic binding (tho this has never
happened to me yet, and I'm not sure it should ever happen).

        Stefan