RE: new-flex-completion-style

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: new-flex-completion-style
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:44:00 +0000 (UTC)

> As long as Emacs can't read our minds, there will be no good-enough
> completion mechanism. And even then... we are dealing with the Emacs
> user base, you know :-)

Yes.  Not only are users different but they use different
contexts, and the same user has different preferences in
different contexts.

And even when user A's preference for a particular context
is Preference-AA, s?he can sometimes want to change things
dynamically - in this case, change sort ordering.

A default, context-specific user preference-driven sort
order is fine, but a user can still want to change orders
on the fly.  That can happen, among other reasons, due to
what s?he is currently typing as an input pattern.