Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 10:17:36 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Dmitry,

>> For example, I use heavily the local tagging feature of the debbugs
>> package.
>
> Local? Meaning nobody else would see them?

Yes. It is intended to be a TODO list. When I call debbugs-gnu, I choose
the pseudo-severity "tagged", and I get my list. In any bug list, you
can toggle this local tag by "t".

> At the very least, that means I'd need to have the means to find all
> bug reports relevant to myself.
>
> Whereas in many other projects some person can do bug triage and
> assign them to someone else who is responsible for the given area.

In debbugs, there is the attribute "owner" you can set and
filter. However, it isn't used in the Emacs bug handling. But nobody
prevents you to use that attribute for bugs you declare your
reponsibility.

> At the moment all I can really do is search for 'ruby' (and other
> relevant package names), which doesn't necessarily include all bug
> reports I could handle. And the search is frickin slow.

There is also debbugs-gnu-search, which applies a full text search. See
the manual, (info "(debbugs-ug)")

Best regards, Michael.