Re: Native line numbers landed on master

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Native line numbers landed on master
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 00:52:54 +0200

Hi Juanma:

I would like to suggest two small changes to the patch if you agree:

1) I don't have any strong feeling about using one or two values. But in
any case they should be configurable. This will add more use cases that
could benefit with this and I think it will be simple to implement (just
need to add 2 int variables).

2) Is it possible to call merge_faces more lazily? I mean inside the
`if` `else if` so only one of them will be called when needed. AFAIK
maybe_produce_line_number is called for every line and the code needs
only one of those merges every 5/10/x lines.  (This will benefit more
the user who sets the values in 1) bigger)

Very thanks for this contribution.
Ergus.