Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 09:58:57 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> By the way, in my major use-case for `project-files' (a source to
> raven) I want the files to be relative to the given directory.  So I'm
> calling `file-relative-name' on every file in the result.  It would be
> cool if there was a way to return the file names relative to the given
> directory (which wouldn't make much sense if multiple dirs are given,
> though).

Oh wait, forget that.  What I really would like to have is a way to get
*all* project files but relative to the given directory.  Right now, if
I specify a project subdirectory, I only get the files in there which is
sensible, of course.  So I have to call `project-files' for the project
given that "git ls-files <subdir>" only returns the files in <subdir>
and then call `file-relative-name' on the results.

Bye,
Tassilo