Re: Setting rectangle-preview face in init.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Setting rectangle-preview face in init.
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:10:22 +0200

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 10:00:16AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I am trying to set the rectangle-preview face in my init.el

How?

(set-face-attribute 'rectangle-preview nil :background "#cd0000")

And I get:

==============================
Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
???/home/ergo/.emacs.d/init.el???:

error: Invalid face, rectangle-preview

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with
the ???--debug-init??? option to view a complete error backtrace.

Is it possible that rect.el is loaded lazily, so when the init.el is
executed it has not been loaded yet?

It's perfectly normal and a common occurrence for custom-set-faces to be
used before some of the faces are defined, so it's seems unlikely to be
the source of the problem.

       Stefan