Re: set-frame-size should respect line-spacing!?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: set-frame-size should respect line-spacing!?
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 14:15:50 +0200

>> So you mean that OT1H we should handle the case where 'split-window'
>> tells us that the window is too small and OTOH not handle the case
>> where 'window-resize' says that it cannot resize the window?
>
> No, I'm saying that we should handle the case with split-window
> without affecting set-frame-size in general.

Sorry for my insistence but 'window-resize' has nothing to do with the
frame size.  My concerns are that we call 'window--size-to-pixel' when
we resize or split a window.  So if we want to special-code the split
window case and _not_ the 'window-resize' case, I have to either
special-code 'window--size-to-pixel' too or call some other function
instead.  Please have a short look at the involved functions and tell
me what you would do.

martin