Re: jit-lock-antiblink-grace

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: jit-lock-antiblink-grace
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 20:57:58 +0100

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 1:02 PM Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

> Before that, I would suggest you turn it into two minor modes, one
> working on the current buffer, the other global, just like
> font-lock-mode and global-font-lock-mode.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Currently, my intention is that a variable,
a generalized boolean controls this feature.  This shouldn't conflict
a lot with your proposal of proper global and minor modes for
separate (de)activation, but those would come later.

> > If you want to try it before that happens see the
> > scratch/jit-lock-antiblink-cleaned-up branch.
>
> I think the mode should be easier to turn on and off, and should not
> need font-lock-mode to be reinitialised.

Don't worry, that's the way it works right now (no jit-lock-mode
reinitialisation needed): just set (or customize) jit-lock-antiblink-grace
to a positive number to activate, and to nil to deactivate. It should take
effect immediately.

--
João Távora