Re: Tabs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tabs
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 11:23:43 +0300

> Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 23:09:29 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Anyway, I am following this thread since it was born and my opinion is that
> it looks too complicated to use this kind of tabs. Do you really think that
> users not belonging to the set of developers will use them?

Which part(s) seem too complicated?

Most of the discussions you saw here dealt with initial bugs and
misfeatures, which is reasonable for a significant new feature.  I
don't see why ordinary users would find the feature complicated.  All
it presents is a small number of basic facilities:

  . turn tab bar on and off
  . visit a file in a new tab
  . switch between tabs
  . close a tab

Everything else is customization, sophisticated facilities for those
who want them, etc.  It isn't different from similar commands to use
frames, for example.