Re: Tabs

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Tabs
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 10:53:21 +1300

On 2019-10-15 10:17, T.V Raman wrote:
One additional thought on keybindings, at present, when running under X,
C-1 ..C-0 all run "digit-argument" and there are other ways to supply
that -- from myself, I never have used c-1 etc for digit argument. Could
we perhaps use C-1 .. to jump to a tab by index?

The C-0 to 9 and M-0 to 9 sets of `digit-argument' bindings are *both*
useful, because sometimes you'll be following the numeric arg with a
Ctrl-modified key, and sometimes you'll follow it with a Meta-modified
key, and simply holding down the same modifier throughout makes the
sequence easier to type, vs having to switch modifiers in the middle.

As such, I don't think clobbering those should be a default; but it could
certainly be an option.

Perhaps it could be done similarly to `windmove-default-keybindings',
where the user can trivially choose the modifier key to use.

-Phil