Re: Bug statistics

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Bug statistics
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 22:15:42 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Does debbugs*.el support compiling statistics about our bugs?  Like
> how many new bugs were reported and how many were closed during a
> given period of time, including distribution by severity?

It doesn't, but there's this:

https://debbugs.gnu.org/rrd/emacs.html

I thought those charts were a bit too coarse, so I've written some code
that downloads all the debbugs data and mangles the info a bit, and then
output to Javascript so that you can zoom a bit:

http://quimby.gnus.org/circus/stats-emacs/stats-emacs.html

I haven't made my code do the separation by severity, but I've been
meaning to do that...

> I think it might make sense to have such a feature, and perhaps even
> post the statistics from time to time, so that we know how we are
> doing on that front.
>
> Does it make sense?  Would someone like to work on this?

The amount of data you need to do the computations client side are a
bit...  on the large side.  I think my script takes, like, ten minutes
to download the data, so I only run it very occasionally.