Re: Bug statistics

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Bug statistics
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 09:24:49 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> The amount of data you need to do the computations client side are a
>> bit...  on the large side.  I think my script takes, like, ten minutes
>> to download the data, so I only run it very occasionally.
>
> Sure, but this is hardly needed every day.  Once a month or 3 months
> should be good enough, I think.

Hmmm, we made already an extension to the Debbugs::SOAP interface,
offered on debbugs.gnu.org (function search_est for searching in the
bugs database). So we could add another Debbugs::SOAP function to
provide statistical data.

OTOH, the long term plan is to merge our changes to upstream
Debbugs. Further extensions would be in the way.

Best regards, Michael.