Re: Bug statistics

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Bug statistics
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 15:04:58 +0200

> Hmmm, we made already an extension to the Debbugs::SOAP interface,
> offered on debbugs.gnu.org (function search_est for searching in the
> bugs database). So we could add another Debbugs::SOAP function to
> provide statistical data.
>
> OTOH, the long term plan is to merge our changes to upstream
> Debbugs. Further extensions would be in the way.

One thing that's a bit annoying with the data the SOAP interface returns
today is that it doesn't really have a field that says when a bug was
closed.  Instead if has a status field, and a last_modified field, and
that's what I'm using in my charts.  However, a bug may be modified
after it's closed: The main reason is when it's moved to the archive one
month later, and that's easy enough to check for (just subtract a month
when it's in the archive).

But it does mean that the charts I've made are slightly inaccurate,
which is annoying.

Is there a date field in the bugs database that says when the bug was
closed?  It seems like it, because the web interface includes that data
point.  Would it be possible to return that in the SOAP response, too?