Re: Strange use of (run-with-timer 0 nil #'foo args) in do-after-load-ev

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Strange use of (run-with-timer 0 nil #'foo args) in do-after-load-evaluation
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 17:27:46 +0200

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 2:42 PM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> > What is going on, here?  Is the run-with-timer mechanism being used
> > deliberately to make the "deprecated" message prevail over other
> > messages?
>
> That's my best guess, yes.

Wouldn't that kind of message be a perfect candidate for a warning instead? Warnings are underused in Emacs now, but they have advantages, like the ability to filter them by level/priority.

The warnings are shown in its own buffer (and window), but by using fit-to-buffer and the new window machinery we could perhaps make them less jarring and still hard to miss.