Re: BIKESHED: completion faces

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: BIKESHED: completion faces
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 23:53:54 +0200

>> Other completion styles don't highlight completions-first-difference
>> at all.  I'm not sure if only the "basic" completion style highlights
>> completions-first-difference.
>
> Eh.  I removed it recently, without asking anyone, waiting for
> someone to complain. :-)
>
> Are you complaining? :-)  If you are, I'll revert that bit. If you aren't
> I probably should revert it too...

No, I'm not complaining.  Wait for real complaints from someone
who will really get angry at your changes.  Or you could revert
preemptively to avoid such angry complaints. :-)

Or implement a solution that satisfies everyone: since in completion
styles other than "basic", there are many characters that you can type
to narrow completion further, is it possible to mark all them with
completions-first-difference?