Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 12:22:29 -0600

On 17 Nov 2019, address@hidden wrote:
>I hear you loud and clear on the debbugs, but many people accustomed to
>browser-everything would also say emacs is similarly antiquated.
>
>I would be frustrated too by the responses you received suggesting nothing is
>awry about debbugs.  But in any unpaid project, the response to "please kill
>this" should be "please implement a better alternative."

Agreed.  I think we've had consensus on that for a long time:

  https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2007/DebbugsWebUI

:-)

As far as I can tell, everyone is fine with our bug-tracking system having more
browser-accessible features -- particularly the features many developers are
accustomed to from other trackers -- as long as the system *also* has the
email-manipulation capabilities that Debbugs currently has (and on which some
of Emacs's most active & expert maintainers depend).

Best regards,
-Karl