Re: master f225011: ibuffer-do-isearch: don't depend on `cl-values-list'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: master f225011: ibuffer-do-isearch: don't depend on `cl-values-list' (bug#38430)
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2019 13:29:22 -0500

>         (cl-multiple-value-bind (hip-crowd lamers)
> -           (cl-values-list
> -            (ibuffer-split-list (lambda (bufmark)
> -                                  (ibuffer-included-in-filters-p (car
> bufmark)
> -                                                                 filterset))
> -                                bmarklist))
> +           (ibuffer-split-list (lambda (bufmark)
> +                                 (ibuffer-included-in-filters-p (car bufmark)
> +                                                                filterset))
> +                               bmarklist)

This is "broken" in the sense that it makes assumptions about how the
"multiple values" are implemented.

We do know that `ibuffer-split-list` returns a list, so there's no point
going through CL's multiple-values simulation.  We should instead treat
it as a list and extract the elements with `pcase-let`
(or `cl-destructuring-bind`).

        Stefan