Re: Should `revert-buffer' preserve text-scaling by default?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should `revert-buffer' preserve text-scaling by default?
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 17:49:13 -0500

> In other words, how will the mere passage of time affect our willingness to
> change the default interactive behavior?

It will let people try it out, so we get experience.  We could also
change its value tentatively in Emacs's `master` after we cut the
emacs-27 branch, so we have time to hear complaints/bugreports in order
to decide if we want to change it officially in Emacs-28.

There's still a UI question, tho.  There are (at least) 3 operations we
want to bind to the same command:

    A- revert buffer content
    B- revert to auto-save file
    C- revert and reset modes

Currently C is the default and B is obtained via C-u.  With the bool var
suggested, we could have A by default but would C-u give you C or B?
In that case would we still give access to the other somehow?

[ And of course, there's option D which is "revert to auto-save file bur
  without resetting modes".  ]

        Stefan