Re: The overlay branch (yet again)

From: Vladimir Kazanov
Subject: Re: The overlay branch (yet again)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 16:21:14 +0000

Thanks, Eli and Martin! Will do.

Martin,

in short, Andreas replaced the current (relatively) inefficient linked
list overlay implementation with a tree-based one. This might sound as
something relatively simple but in practice it turns out that there
are lots of subtle issues in both the tree implementation and
resulting Emacs integration. I know because I tried - and failed. At
least twice :-)

But Andreas almost made it! So I want to reuse some of that massive
effort: merge tests at the very least, untangle overlay code a bit and
- hopefully - replace those linked lists.

--
Yours sincerely,

Vladimir Kazanov

--