RE: Sv: Sv: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: Sv: Sv: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 02:09:00 +0000

Of course, I am aware of outline modes, but my proposal is more about literate programming then outlining. Being able to use org outlining in elisp is just an extra icing on the cake that comes out implicitly as a bi product for free. Otherwise of course one can use outline code for folding.

It is true, that keeping directives in comments does not break the existing parser, but then it is not so much of literate programming, is it?

If we would just use directives in comments then we already have org + babel. But I think 4 extra lines of C code to enable this feature in eval-loop was a trivial price to pay :-).

Now I just wonder how to change the bytecode compiler. Unfortunately it seems to be much more involved process. I don't know  if I can do it, since I am  not so acquainted with Emacs internals, so it would be cool if someone more knowledgeable can at least hint me if not help.

Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.